Personalized-Photo-The-love-between-Mother-and-Daughter-knowns-no-distance-sunflowers-3D-hoodie

Personalized-Photo-The-love-between-Mother-and-Daughter-knowns-no-distance-sunflowers-3D-hoodie

Buy this product here: Personalized Photo The love between Mother and Daughter knowns no distance sunflowers 3D hoodie

Home page:  TAGOTEE SHOP


Personalized Photo The love between Mother and Daughter knowns no distance sunflowers 3D hoodie

Heartbroken mother Trista Hamsmith, pictured with Reese, is now raising awareness about the dangers of button batteries and advocating for safer batteries and battery compartments

Dr. Emily Durkin, medical director of children’s surgery at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital in Grand Rapids, Michigan, who did not operate on Reese, said a button battery could have severe repercussions on a child’s health.

She explained that the esophagus comprises two narrow areas at the lower and upper ends, where batteries can get trapped.

She said that when a battery gets stuck in these narrowings, the esophagus’ walls can collapse against the button battery and its back wall, causing electric current to flow through the esophageal tissue, killing it and burning it.  Personalized Photo The love between Mother and Daughter knowns no distance sunflowers 3D hoodie

Before the incident, Reese had been a bubbly child, pictured. But Trista said her daughter was not herself after being put on a ventilator to help her breathing in hospital

Why are button batteries dangerous?

The number of fatal injuries stustained after swallowing a button battery has increased in recent years.

They are a choking hazard and their chemical can cause severe damage to a child’s body, especially if it gets struck in their esophagus.

Burns and life-threatening complications can occur if batteries aren’t removed from the esophagus within 2 hours.

If a child swallowed a battery, they should be taken to an emergency room as soon as possible.

Batteries should never been left out in the house and should be stored safely away from children.

Items such as remote control can be safely tapped to avoid children opening them.

Source: Poison.Org

Advertisement

After Reese’s operation, she completed a short stay in the hospital before being sent home, but the family was back a few days later when her condition started to worsen again.

‘We found out that a fistula had been created, which is like a passageway,’ Trista said.

The distraught mother explained the hole in Reese’s throat meant the air was not going where it needed to, and food and drinks were also diverted from the child’s stomach

 

 

 

Visit our Social Network: TAGOTEE Pinterest, Twitter , Instagram and Our blog TAGOTEE over-blog, Tagotee blogspot

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *